I started a book club back in high school with my best friend Kara called Bookworms UNITE! We were total nerds but we loved it. We brought snacks in and discussed the book each month at a lunch time meeting. My book club days did not stop in high school.
At my first job after college I went to the park most days to eat lunch and read on my break. I read a ton of books and one day a co-worker asked me to start a book club. It began with just her and I and slowly expanded to have four lovely ladies (some of my closest friends still today)! This work book club is still going strong! Some women have moved but we have acquired new members and have four of us who still meet monthly. It even continued when I no longer worked there and as others have changed jobs.
We take turns choosing a book each month and discuss over dinner out in San Francisco. It is a fun tradition that I cherish. I love having the accountability and being introduced to books I may not normally choose.
15 Books of 2015
- All the Light We Cannot See – By Anthony Doerr
- Stones from the River – Ursula Hegi
- The Devil in the White City – By Erik Larson
- Me Before You – By Jojo Moyes
- Life after Life – By Kate Atkinson
- A God in Ruins – By Kate Atkinson
- The Martian – By Andy Weir
- Half of the Yellow Sun – By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- On Beauty – By Zadie Smith
- The Nightingale – By Kristin Hannah
- The Girl on the Train – By Paula Hawkins
- Americanah – By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) – By Robert Galbraith
- Preparation for the Next Life – By Atticus Lish
- The Tsar of Love and Techno – By Anthony Marra
Looking forward to many more great books in 2016 … and to my new reading partner (Reilly)!
What are you reading now? Any recommendations to add to my 2016 list?