The placenta is an organ your body creates to nourish your baby during your pregnancy. Almost every mammal ingests their own placenta after the birth. Your placenta is nutrient rich and helps replenish your body, restoring and balancing hormones after the birth of your baby. Experts agree that the placenta retains hormones, thus reintroducing them to your system eases hormonal fluctuations with your own natural hormones. In addition, your placenta is high in vitamins and minerals such as iron, protein, and vitamin B6.
Encapsulating your placenta is a great way to consume this nourishing remedy.
- Balancing hormones
- Combats fatigue
- Increases your immunity
- Increases your energy
- Enhances milk production
- Smooths out your emotions
- Shortens postnatal bleeding time
- Increases postnatal iron levels
I offer two kinds of placenta encapsulation:
Traditional Chinese Method: In this method, the placenta is steamed, sliced, and then dehydrated at 125 degrees.
Raw Method: In this method, the placenta is sliced and then dehydrated raw at 115 degrees.
- 75-125 vegan or gelatin capsules filled with your placenta (amount depends on size of your placenta)
- Pick-up of placenta(s) to be encapsulated
- The full placenta preparation in TCM or raw method and encapsulation process
- Handwritten instructions for storage and suggested dosage
- Delivery of the finished placenta pills
- A placenta print
- Your baby’s dried umbilical cord keepsake
- placenta tincture
$250 / $200 for my doula clients